Western Shipping Manila Training Center has the Navi-Trainer Professional 5000 which facilitates ECDIS simulator training and certification of watch officers, based on IMO Model Course 1.27 (Operational Use of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS))
Training and competency assessment implemented in NTPRO 5000 simulator include:
- Plan and conduct a passage and determine position;
- Maintain a safe navigational watch with ECDIS,
- Plan a voyage and conduct navigation;
- Determine position and the accuracy of resultant position fix by any means;
- Co-ordinate search and rescue operations;
- Maintain safe navigation through the use of ECDIS to assist command decision-making;
The finely configured mathematical ship models ensure the required realism of their behavior.
NTPRO 5000 is capable of re-constructing and analyzing complex navigational situations including emergencies in the actual seamanship.
GMDSS Simulator provides training to enhance necessary skills for the Deck officers.