Western Shipping Safety Seminar – 01 to 02 Jun 2023 – Manila
MANILA SAFETY SEMINAR 2023
Venue: Prestige Tower, Roof Deck
Date: 01 – 02 Jun 2023
Slogan: Risk Management is the Key to Work Safely
Invitation was extended to all Filipino seafarers working in Western Shipping fleet. Travel and accommodation facilities were arranged for the officers visiting Manila.
The seminar was organized for seafarers working on our tankers and LPGs. Total attendance is 19 seafarers.
Western Shipping Pte Ltd (WSP) was represented by:
- Capt Hemant Arora / HSQE Compliance Manager / DPA
- Capt Karni Singh Rathore / Operations Manager / CSO
- Narayanan V. S. / IT Manager
Western Shipping Southeast Asia Inc. (WSSEAI) was represented by:
- R. Adm Bayani Gaerlan / President
- Capt. Kharvic June L. Sitchon / General Manager
Western Shipping Manila Taining Centre (WSPMTC) was represented by:
- Capt Alban Castellino / Consultant
- Capt Rolando Olete / Head of Training Centre
- C/Eng Edwin G. Rafon / Head – Engine Department
- Monique Marie A. Felarca / Marine Engine Instructor/Marine Trainer/Course Developer
Roof Deck at Prestige Towers was utilized for conducting the seminar. Refreshments and lunch was provided during the course of the seminar.
The Seminar was opened by WSSI President, RAdm Bayani Gaerlan. Topics later discussed were as per the above agenda. Good interaction between presenter and attendees was noted during all presentations.
Feedback was collected from all attendees and collated using the application MentiMeter in order to incorporate improvements next year.
General feedback received indicated the seminar to be a success. All arrangements made were appreciated. Punctuality was maintained throughout the webinar by the attendees.