Western Shipping Safety Seminar – 17 Nov to 18 Nov 2022 – Manila
MANILA SAFETY SEMINAR 2022
Venue: Marco Polo Hotel, Grand Ballroom / Prestige Tower, Roof Deck
Date: 17th – 18th November 2022
Slogan: Make Safety A Reality
Invitation was extended to all Filipino officers and petty officers working in Western Shipping fleet. Travel and accommodation facilities were arranged for the officers visiting Manila.
The seminar was organized for seafarers working on our tankers, LPG as well as bulk carriers. Common topics were introduced as necessary on the first day, whilst separate presentations were conducted on specific topics for tanker officers and bulk carrier officers on the second day of the seminar. The first day was a combined session for all tanker and bulk carrier officers. On the second day, the crew were divided in order to separate the tanker officers from the bulk carrier officers. This enabled targeted presentations relevant to the vessels being served.
For the Tanker fleet, attendance comprised of 26 officers.
Western Shipping Pte Ltd (WSP) was represented by:
- Capt Belal Ahmed / General Manager
- Capt Rukshan Vohra / Fleet Personnel Manager
- Capt Unnikrishnan / Ops Manager (Tanker) / Alt CSO
- Capt Hemant Arora / HSQE Compliance Manager / DPA
- Prem Baba Balachandran Pillai / Technical Superintendent
- Narayanan V. S. / IT Manager
Western Shipping Southeast Asia Inc. (WSSEAI) was represented by:
- R. Adm Bayani Gaerlan / President
- Capt. Kharvic June L. Sitchon / General Manager
Western Shipping Manila Taining Centre (WSPMTC) was represented by:
- Capt Alban Castellino / Consultant
- Capt Rolando Olete / Head of Training Centre
- C/Eng Edwin G. Rafon / Head – Engine Department
- Ms Gina Virtusio – MTI
- Ms Decena Bernardo – LR
- Ms. Rebecca Jane Mejia – Marine Benefits
- Atty. David Valencia & Dr. Edgardo Gary – P&I Club
The Ballroom at Marco Polo Hotel, Ortigas was utilized for conducting the seminar on the first day. For the second day, separate rooms were taken on the Roof Deck at Prestige Towers for the Tanker and Bulker officers. Refreshments and lunch was provided during the course of the seminar.
The Seminar was opened by WSSI President, RAdm Bayani Gaerlan. Topics later discussed were as per the above agenda. Good interaction between presenter and attendees was noted during all presentations.
Feedback was collected from all attendees and collated using the application MentiMeter in order to incorporate improvements next year.
General feedback received indicated the seminar to be a success. All arrangements made were appreciated. Punctuality was maintained throughout the webinar by the attendees.
On the 19th November, the Family Day was celebrated where all company seafarers together with their families were invited for an evening celebration. Attendance was approximately 350 persons.