Western Shipping Safety Webinar – 9-10 Nov 2021
Venue: Zoom Platform – WSP Conference Room
Date: 09-10 Nov 2021
Slogan: Your wellbeing is key for safety
Invitation was extended to all East European and Filipino officers + senior ratings working in Western Shipping fleet. All seafarers attended the webinar via zoom call. WSP staff Panellists presented through zoom call at the Singapore WSP conference room. WSSEAI and HMM staff attended through zoom call at their respective offices. Invitation was also extended to representatives from LR and MTI for an external perspective for the seafarers. The Owner, Mr Alex Stafilopatis, joined the webinar on the second day in order to provide the Owner’s perspective directly to the seafarers.
The webinar was organized for seafarers working on our fleet of Oil/Chemical/LPG. The topics were introduced as necessary, with specific emphasis on safety matters and recent updates within the fleet. This enabled targeted presentations relevant to the vessels being served.
For the fleet, attendance comprised of 59 seafarers. This included 23 senior officers.
- Mr. Alex Stafilopatis / Owner
Western Shipping Pte Ltd (WSP) was represented by:
- Capt Belal Ahmed / General Manager
- Mr. Panos Zavlagas / Deputy General Manager
- Capt Hemant Arora / HSQE Compliance Manager
- Capt Mohan Dhinakaran / Marine Manager
- Capt Unnikrishnan M. N. / Operations Manager (Tanker)
- Capt Rukshan Vohra / Fleet Personnel Manager
- Capt Niladri Chakraborty / CSO (Tanker)
- Tanvir Hossain / Technical Superintendent
- Konstantinos Papamarkos / Technical Superintendent
- Narayanan V. S. / IT Manager
Western Shipping Manila Taining Centre (WSPMTC) was represented by:
- Capt Alban Castellino / Consultant
- Mr Andrew Leahy – MTI
- Mr Brijesh Tewari – LR
The Seminar was opened by WSP General Manager, Capt Belal Ahmed. Topics later discussed were as per the above agenda. All participants submitted their queries using the chat function of Zoom. A summary of all questions was made, and responses provided at the end of the seminar.
Feedback was collected from all attendees and collated using the application MentiMeter in order to incorporate improvements next year.
General feedback received indicated the seminar to be a success. All arrangements made were appreciated. Punctuality was maintained throughout the webinar by the attendees.