23 April 2020 | Community, General, Industry
Health, Safety and Environment Bulletin Mar 2020
Cyber Safety amid COVID-19
7 Tips to Cope with COVID-19 Stress
- First and foremost be fully aware of the symptoms and seek professional help if necessary – respiratory symptoms, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
- Follow the precautionary measures issued by the WHO – social distancing, personal hygiene, protective equipment etc.
- Seek accurate information – avoid panic that can be caused by misinformation, stay informed by reliable and trustworthy media.
- Set limits on discussions around COVID-19 – try not to make COVID-19 the center of attention, although you must keep informed about the situation. Constantly reading, watching, listening or discussing about it will intensify your anxiety, especially if no new information on the issue.
- Keep your immune system robust – a balanced diet, adequate sleep, and regular exercise to keep physically and psychologically healthy. A healthy lifestyle is always the first line of defense.
- Understand and accept your feelings – it is acceptable to worry and be anxious about you and your loved ones. Fully accepting how you feel will help you cope with the ‘negative’ feeling and realize that there are things that you can control, e.g. good self-hygiene.
- Continue your activities responsibly – routine is crucial for most of the people and has a positive impact in their everyday lives. Also keep in mind there are always ways to decrease risks such as avoiding crowded places.
The Fuels of the Future