We believe in holistic development. We are therefore focused on developing careers and retaining the developed talent.
This requires training and monitoring both ashore, at our comprehensive and modern Training Center in Pasig City, Manila, as well as on board our vessels.
Western Shipping Manila Training Center
We take education and training seriously and operate a Cadet training program, in collaboration with MAAP, Philippines. We operate a dedicated Training facility at Pasig City, Manila which offers over 30 specialised courses including Bridge/Engine Room and Liquid Cargo Simulators.
See Western Shipping Maritime Training Center website for more details.
The Schedule for next 3 months/course duration can be viewed on our Western Shipping Maritime Training Center Website.
Our infrastructure and facilities:
- Transas Full Mission Ship Handling Simulator.
- Transas Liquid / LPG/LNG cargo Handling Simulator.
- Transas Full Mission Engine Room simulator.
- Transas ECDIS / GMDSS simulator for advanced Navigation training.
- Various shipboard equipment used as training aids.
- A resource centre cum Library is equipped with 12 Laptops, industry publications, professional books, videos etc. – with books, publications, videos and CDs etc.
- Resource centre dedicated to the seafarer’s quest for knowledge, understanding and proficiencies.
- 12 laptops with 124 training modules from MTS (Maritime Training System) uploaded in a common server
- Videotel’s NVOD equipment with 10 dedicated laptops incorporating a wealth of information
- Modern teaching aids like computers, multimedia projectors, OHPs, Audio / Video equipment, etc. are available in all training rooms.